- Dolphins used to live on land before adapting to the water. When scientists studied their fins, they found out that they are actually formed like legs and toes
- Considering that dolphins now live in the sea and us humans on land, it is interesting to know that just a tablespoon of water in a dolphin’s lung could drown it, while a human would drown after two tablespoons
- Breathing is not an automatic response for dolphins like it is for humans; they must tell themselves when to breathe, just like your blond ex-girlfriend
- While sleeping, a dolphin must stay at the surface so its blowhole is not covered with water and it only switches off one side of its brain to keep breathing and staying alert
- Dolphins give themselves names; they develop their own individual whistles as names. Mariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiia…
- If you killed a dolphin during the time of Ancient Greece it was punishable by death, because to the Greeks, dolphins were sacred fish
- Dolphins are carnivores and an average dolphin eats about 30 pounds of fish a day
- Dolphin sonar is superior to bats sonar and man-made sonar
- Dolphins have few natural enemies, and we are their main threat
- They are as smart as apes
- They might be even smarter than you flatmate
Oh, they were 11 dolphin facts, I apologise.
Se quiseres que eu seja a tua consultora de viagens e te prepare a viagem mais inesquecível, contacta-me para uma viagem personalizada. Se quiseres tratar tu da tua viagem, numa plataforma de sucesso, confiança e com total acesso aos melhores voos, hotéis, transferes, actividades e experiências, clica aqui: Let your dreams take-off!